Panopto features server and client licensing. Before installing Panopto on the server, you must complete the following steps to ensure that your server will function properly after installing Focus 4.0.
1. Download the following program to your Panopto server. This program will generate a key based on certain identifiers within the server hardware.
2. Locate and run GetMachineCode.exe on your Panopto Web Server.
3. When the machine code is generated, copy the key and send it in an e-mail to email@example.com. Our support team will generate a license key based on the machine code and respond with a license based on your service agreement with Panopto.
4. Once you have received the license key from support and the Panopto server software has been installed, go to your Panopto portal page and login with an administrator account.
After you have logged in, click on System and go to the Licenses page. You'll notice that the system shows no licenses installed.
5. Click on License This Installation and a window will appear for you to enter the license key that you have received from Panopto Support.
6. Copy and paste the entire license key code that you have received from Panopto Support into the large text box and then click Submit.
7. The Licenses page will now show the server as being licensed. The information in the upper right hand corner will also show how many keys are available and when the server license expires.
Panopto Recorder clients will automatically license themselves once the Panopto server has had a site license applied. Users will not be able to login to the Recorder until the server license has been installed.
In order to activate a client license, simply download and install the Panopto Recorder. Upon logging in, the client will register itself with the server an automatically obtain a license. The Licenses page will show all clients that have been activated.
In some cases, it may be necessary to deactivate a license. This can occur when computers are retired or when it's no longer necessary to have the client installed on particular equipment. Deactivation allows you to easily reclaim unused licenses. Please note that installations with unlimited client licensing do not have the ability to deactivate clients.
To get started, log into the web interface, go to System, and then click Licenses.
Once on the license page, simply check the box next to the client(s) that you wish to deactivate.
Click the Deactivate button and then click OK to deactivate the client licenses for the machines selected.
The Licenses page will now report that those clients have been deactivated.
To reactivate a license for a deactivated client, simply go to that computer and open the Panopto Recorder and login.