Log in and click the edit icon
1. Clicking anywhere in the timeline will seek the video to that point
2. Click on any of the events will seek the video to where that event starts
**Thumbnails can only be inserted into screencapture & secondary video streams**
1. Click Add new event
2. Click where you want the thumbnail to be inserted
3. Type in the new caption name, enter any searchable metadata and click OK (the thumbnail image will be created after the session re-processes)
Hover the mouse over the thumbnail you wish to modify and then click on "Click to edit"
You can modify the caption, change searchable metadata, delete the entire event and change the time the event is shown in the recording
1. For slides (PowerPoint or Keynote): They are generated every time a slide advances
2. For secondary video (screencap, secondary camera): They are automatically generated every three minutes. You can add in events to supplement the three minute gap in secondary video.
1. Click the Streams tab
2. Click Edit on the stream you wish to modify
Change the start time as desired and click OK
The manage version feature lets you present the same session with different edits that can be distributed to viewers.
For example, if you had a seminar that was split into two halves (for instance, part 1 and part 2) you can use this feature to create a link with only the first part, and a separate link (version) to the second part.
These will appear as individual links in the Panopto Webui.
Important note: To use this feature, you must create a new version first, then edit and save this version.
Click the drop down where it says default
Select Manage Versions
Click New to create a new Edit (useful for creating smaller sections of a long recording)
Type in a name and click OK
Select "New" and click OK
Click OK on the prompt to change versions (you may receive and additional prompt from your browser)
Any changes that are made will be saved to the new version and not the default
Now you manually type in a caption stream for your recordings right from the editor. To do this, click on the captions tab - start typing in the text box - press ENTER when you want to add your captions. After saving and committing the captions, these will now be visible in the captions tab in the viewer
*Note: this can also be used to edit captions from a 3rd party vendor
1. Stop button. Clicking the stop button returns the video back to 00:00
2. Preview Edits. If checked, only the segments of video that are being kept will play
3. +/- controls. This allows you to zoom in/out of the recording
4. Clicking revert will undo all editing that has been done